Dragon Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Twilight

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragons Eye
Egg
Egg
Dragons Eye

Male
Number of posts : 13
Otherkin Type : Eclipse Dream-Dragon
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

As the subject says it, are there still folks practicing at least a few of the sacred Dragon rites out there? If there are, I would really like to see if I can start collecting up some ideas, suggestions, and such for the beginning of my exploring. I wish to bring myself more in tune and in connection with my beloved Dragon Family!

I will say this much, I am willing to share the basics of how I commenced my own "shedding" ritual ( if you want to call it as such ) if there is some interest. I am not saying that this is THE way to do it! I'm just saying that this is what I did and got great results with it! I will probably go and do this some more as there are still a lot of negative traces left ( I didn't expect to completely clear out all "clutter" the first time! ) The interesting thing is, I think that I was "guided" on the "how to" WHEN I was walking to the "spot".

I guess, for right now, I will have to improvise a lot when conducting a Celtic Flower Rite as I don't yet have all the material to affect a ceremony ( although, what is known in my heart will most likely be enough for me to "wing it" ). Praise Blath ( or however she was called in the old ages ) for the beautiful spring we are about to see and enjoy. The flowers are already starting to bloom and the birds are singing so sweetly. My lady love is looking more beautiful everyday! Praise Blath!!!

Anyway. I shall sing the praises through spring and sign off for now. Please be kind to each other and peace to all who deserve and embrace peace.

I hope some more folks will come back and help make this forum look alive again! I would love to hear some more uplifting stories, poems, and what have you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.templeoftheancientdragons.org/
Arix
Juvenile
Juvenile
Arix

Male
Number of posts : 86
Otherkin Type : Warrior Dragon
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 am

I don't have alot to say about this, but I will say that one of the greatest songs for that kind of thing is Dragons Rising, by Iron Savior. Enjoy:

When I look at tomorrow
Who will I be
What will I find
Seems I'm drowning in sorrow
Everything changes
My life's redefined

When I look at tomorrow
Where will I go
What will I see
Seems I'm stuck in this hollow
Stuck in this heep, this heep of debries

Ohh, there's a pain
Deep down inside of me
Ohh, I don't know
What is my destiny

I've been the Dragon and once I've been strong
Look at me what I've become
Now I see
A Dragon again I must be
I must regain what I've lost long ago
The fires inside me still glow
To the skies
The Dragon again will arise

When I look at tomorrow
I will find
My own peace of mind
I shall leave all my sorrow
The road to myself I will follow

I'm on my way
To meet my destiny
I shall overcome
The pain deep inside of me

Now I see
A Dragon again I must be
To the skies

I killed the demons
They haunt me no more
I'm loaded and charged to the core
Unholy poison was
Depraiving my soul
Now I am back in control
Dragon arise!

I'm on my way
To meet my destiny
I shall overcome
The pain deep inside of me

Now I see
A Dragon again I must be
To the skies
Back to top Go down
http://dragonrealm.ddstuff.com/node/36
Dragons Eye
Egg
Egg
Dragons Eye

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Ohhh!

Those were some POWERFUL lyrics!!!

They nearly tears by the barrel to my eyes! I saved a copy of the page ( if that isn't a problem ). I very much would like to use these lyrics in my next personal ritual! I think this would help confirm to me my devotion to the Way of the Dragon and my love for my Dragon Family. This is GREAT stuff!
*** lets out a thunderous "WOLP!" *** :-) ) =

I appreciate this very much. For someone so young you seem to have a lot of insight. You don't deal with sacred runes do you? I started studying runes after my lady had found a set along with the accompanying book. My insights and intuition are rapidly expanding! I shocked my girlfriend with some of the commentary and my "epiphany" right on the spot. It was like MORE chains broken from me!

Oh! By the way, I have started my presence also on the forum at Dragon's Cave. I go by "Dragon's Eye" there too. That site is very much alive and very active. There are some Dragon'ers there too.

So I see I am going to be quite busy with my online works now. Everywhere! I hope to have a website soon, as soon as I decide where I want to host it. I still need to mod my avatar for DC as they say it must be 100px X 100px and 20KB or smaller. So I still have some more work to do.

Nice hearing from you again Arix! My journey is onward and forward as I am holding "Inguz" today, the rune of fertility and new beginnings. My journey is becoming filled with new beginnings ( or maybe "re-newed" beginnings ).

See Ya! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Not sure if i can help since i practice with my deities and such' and i practice a little bit of different magic.

but your more then welcome to pm me and we talk about it further.
Back to top Go down
Dragons Eye
Egg
Egg
Dragons Eye

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am

Hmmm. I would think that utilizing the help of a "familiar" spirit would be similar in nature. Usually this means calling the spirit or essence to your side or to temporarily "inhabit" your body for the purposes of aiding you in your ritual. I am just not sure of the preparation rites and so forth. I have never done any fully-involved rituals that I can think of. ( If I had done so in a prior incarnation, I have surely forgotten! )

Oh well! That's the beauty of not having any "doctrine" to dictate anything. The ways and means are often varied. I am just having a bit of a time trying to get started. I could learn a lot ( or re-learn ) if only I could get better clarity and be able to find a good space to truly meditate in peace. I know there has to be at least one dragon spirit around me. I just don't seem to be able to get a clear sense of him/her/it. ( It has been stated that some dragons may "toy" with the prospective mage for a while before making themselves known. ) Maybe I'm just being impatient and impetuous. ( I am known for being very impatient. )

Basically, I am looking for some good suggestions to help me get started in the right direction. I envy those of you who are able to recall some of your distant memories from past lives. My memory just plain sucks these days! :-(

It might also be enlightening to known that I am poor. That is; I can not afford much in life anyway. Seems like a travesty for a former dragon to be born as a "poverty case"! So I usually end up just using what I have been able to see some results with: That is "creative visualization".

All I know is that I feel a strong kinship with the Red Chasm Clan and a "loose" association with the Clan of the Mountain Dragons. There is a lot of love there! >:=)==
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?   Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone still doing Dragon "rites"?
Page 1 of 1