Dragon Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Twilight

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragons Eye
Egg
Egg
Dragons Eye

Male
Number of posts : 13
Otherkin Type : Eclipse Dream-Dragon
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?   Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:58 am

Is it usual for someone to be born to sign that dictates ( or suggests ) one is aligned or affiliated to one Element while actually being attracted to or prefer another Element?

An example is myself:

Born under Gemini, Element = "Wind"

Preferred Element = "Fire"

The reason I am drawn towards Fire is that my characteristics and personality are more fitting of someone who is aligned/affiliated to the Element of Fire. I claim my familial ties to the Red Chasm Clan of Dragons. ( I know there aren't any considered "Elemental" Dragons. Just Dragons who prefer to work a particular Elemental power while probably being equally adept with the other Elemental powers. )

I have exhibited some ability to manipulate clouds with my mind ( Wind/Air ), but have an alliance, if you will, to Fire.

Is this something more common than I'm thinking it is?

My girlfriend is supposed to be aligned with Fire, but she prefers and has communed very well with aquatic creatures. She exhibits some power over water ( and is even able to do a little "cloud-bending" too )!

I tense up during earthquakes and such, she fears fire.

Any comments???
Back to top Go down
http://www.templeoftheancientdragons.org/
Arix
Juvenile
Juvenile
Arix

Male
Number of posts : 86
Otherkin Type : Warrior Dragon
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?   Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:05 pm

I personally think the circumstances of your birth/hatching mean nothing to your affiliation, it's the internal factors that determine it.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonrealm.ddstuff.com/node/36
Dragons Eye
Egg
Egg
Dragons Eye

Male
Number of posts : 13
Otherkin Type : Eclipse Dream-Dragon
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?   Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Hmmm. Something that some "astrologers" may overlook, perhaps?

I try to initiate and incorporate all of the elemental powers into my daily workings as far as this life is concerned. But I do remember that my Clan did use chiefly Fire when working magic. We were quite capable, in those ages, of utilizing power from the other elements ( only problem was we didn't have many friends or allies other than the Salamanders who were normally Fire-aligned ). I did learn some Wind techniques during those times because I benefited from the positive effects during my flights.

By the way, my new website is up and running ( Yay! )

*** Let's out a thunderous "WOLP" in joy! *** >:==(O)==

I'll see if I can get it onto one or more good Dragon webrings. Maybe I can get some more interest in this forum again! I really like the layout of this forum and don't really wish to see it fade away! Please check it out when you have some spare time, and maybe try out my Guestbook. ( I'm beginning to really like the "HTML Gear! ) If you want to add your website link to my site, just check out my links page and use the "Add Link" function, especially if it's a Dragon website.

I'll eventually be putting up a page of Elemental Magic and related stuff soon! I hope to make this my best work ever! I've done a few webpages for a while, so this should be better than the other projects of before.

Thanks again for the feedback, Arix! See you again sometime. I'm working on my story of my epiphany. I think it'll help others who are having a tough time dealing experiences like I had. I hope it will be "Good Medicine" for the soul!
Back to top Go down
http://www.templeoftheancientdragons.org/
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?   Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 pm

This is very interresting and i can see some of your points in what ya saying, not sure' what to add but other wise this is a very good point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?   Elemental Alignment or Affiliation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elemental Alignment or Affiliation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragon Twilight :: Draconity :: Otherkin Support-
Jump to: