Dragon Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Twilight

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Otherkin: Then and Now ~ Advice for new 'kin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tysha
Youngling
Youngling
Tysha

Female
Number of posts : 63
Otherkin Type : Dragon
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Otherkin: Then and Now ~ Advice for new 'kin Empty
PostSubject: Otherkin: Then and Now ~ Advice for new 'kin   Otherkin: Then and Now ~ Advice for new 'kin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:11 pm

I wrote this for my old forum and, as it was quite well received, I'm reposting it here to share with you all Smile

This is aimed at newly awakened Otherkin. It’s free advice but take it or leave it as is your choice. Naturally it comes from my experiences and beliefs.

I honestly believe that who you are now is a lot more important than who you were. By all means explore your ‘kin side but please don’t let it control the life you have now.

Suddenly taking a week off school or work because you new feel you are an *insert species of choice here* will not go down too well with your teachers or employers.

If you are at school you may wish to keep your discoveries to yourself for now, your classmates may not be very understanding of what you are going through and its not easy to concentrate on classwork while being bullied or taunted. Don’t give them ammo to use against you. School doesn’t last forever, thankfully, and its worth putting your efforts into your schoolwork and getting out with the best grades you can. You will have the rest of your life to explore your ‘kin side so don’t feel bad about it.

If you work then it can be a little easier because you may be able to take some time off to do some soul searching. It is possible to hold down a full time job and keep in touch with your ‘kin side, just set aside some time for it in the hours you are not working.

Allow your ‘kin side to enhance your life but avoid letting it take over completely. Accept the fact there may be a reason for you being here and now in this form, even if you don’t know why yet.
Back to top Go down
http://tyshadragon.co.uk

Otherkin: Then and Now ~ Advice for new 'kin
Page 1 of 1